Taylor Made Polish is a unique small business in Easton, Pa that we are thrilled to share with you. If you are looking for a fun bridal party activity or gift, look no further. At Taylor Made Polish you can custom design and make your bridal party nail polish. Not only that, they have other hand made products that are perfect for those little gifts you want to give. Vanessa, owner and creator of Taylor Made Polish, has shared some insights about her wonderful business.
How did you get started in this business?
I was looking for healthier alternatives to nail care products and couldn’t find what I was looking for in the market – so I decided to create them myself! Making nail polish for myself was fun, and then a couple of bottles turned into ten bottles, then 30 and then 100. Shortly thereafter I filed for a patent on the process I developed for making the nail polish (and other cosmetics). It turned into a business when I thought the experience of “Make Your Own Nail Polish” was something others would enjoy – and people do love it!!
What are some of your favorite aspects of your business?
Much like a photographer or hairstylist, where a client can easily understand the service provided and make a decision based on their style or philosophy, we offer three different options to couples that are completely unique to Taylor Made.
1. Creating custom wedding nail polish. The client picks or designs their color, names it and provides us with a monogram or custom graphic they’d like included on the bottle. We then create their custom polish completely packaged and ready to gift.
2. We host bridal and bachelorette parties where you can bring in the bridal party for a unique custom polish/shower experience or host a bachelorette polish party before dinner or a night out on the town. The couples’ or bride’s guests can create their own individual color or the party as a whole can design and make the custom color to be worn for the wedding.
3. Our Taylor Made Cosmetics line offers healthy, pampering products to gift to bridal party members. Some of our scents are gender friendly too. Gift bags and baskets can be custom ordered for your guests. Taylor Made products are an eco-luxe collection of paraben free, cruelty free, gluten free and vegan friendly so we can accommodate variety specialty gifts and offer options clients can feel good about gifting.
What is one of your hobbies?
Running. It’s a requirement for me mentally because helps me manage stress and I certainly enjoy the health benefits as well.
What is your favorite movie and/or book genre?
My favorite books are about business, self-improvement and entrepreneurs overcoming obstacles.
What does the perfect day look like to you?
A run in the morning, time with my family at the beach and cooking a nice dinner in the evening.
What do you like to do in your free time?
Spend time with my husband and family. A close second is working in my business. My business is unique in that it has 3 individual areas:
1. The retail product line: Taylor Made Cosmetics – www.taylormadecosmetics.com
2. “Make Your Own” and studio experiences: Taylor Made Studio/Taylor Made Polish – www.taylormadepolish.com
3. Custom branded products for gift-giving, swag, wholesale and other businesses: Your Brand Taylor Made – www.yourbrandtaylormade.com
What is your favorite part of a wedding?
Definitely the dancing!!
What is your fondest wedding memory-either from your wedding, if you are married, or from a wedding you attended?
After our wedding reception ended at 10:00pm, my husband and I had arranged an afterparty at the Crayola Factory. It was nearby to our reception (at the Bank Street Annex) and the perfect venue for keeping the party going while allowing more time and fun with our guests.
Do you have an embarrassing wedding moment? That happened to you/or that you observed?
Sure, it happens in all weddings! It was equal parts embarrassing and challenging (though now we think it’s funny)…we invited extended family to our wedding and a family of 5 was invited, but responded with 12 total people! They added grandchildren and significant others, names were all over the RSVP! They started filling in the names on the response card, ran out of room and continued on the back side…hilarious.
What brought you to the Lehigh Valley?
I worked for a pharmaceutical company for 10 years prior to starting my own business and Easton was the perfect location for commuting between a few of the company’s sites. I moved to Downtown Easton before it was “cool” to live Downtown (I loved it back then!). I’ve lived downtown for nearly 14 years and am so proud to operate Taylor Made Studio in the heart of the city.
What is your favorite restaurant to eat at in the Lehigh Valley? Your favorite dish to order?
I have several favorites – all in Easton. If you’re looking for my recommendation it would be all of them. My favorite is a walking tour of several restaurants (similar to a bar crawl) but with food.
What is your favorite season and why?
Summer – I love the heat! I’m originally from Houston and thrive in hot, humid weather.
What is your best advice for a couple planning their wedding?
Make sure you take time out for self-care and quality time with your partner. And although it may be difficult to manage the expectations of others around you when planning your special day, remember to focus on each other and hold true to what’s important to you, just the two of you.
What is a common mistake you see couples make while planning a wedding?
Getting caught up in trying to make the event something special for everyone else – that’s when it becomes an event for everyone else and not the couple. Be true to yourself and everyone will have a great time.
What is the best way for a couple to prepare to meet with you?
Relax! We take care of most of details for both our custom orders and private party events so very little prep is needed to meet with us.
Is there anything else you would like our couples to know about you/your business?
Our studio is a large and inviting with great energy – all love is welcome!!
Taylor Made Polish is one of the most unique businesses in the area. It can be an incredible, relaxing, and fun activity or gift for your bridal party. Be sure to check out their Adore profile to set up an appointment!
Images provided to Adore Weddings LV by Taylor Made Polish, Easton, Pa.